Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
I cried hard reading the story. I cried harder in my thinking. I cried more understanding that many people live in this reality.
This book is right up my sister's reading alley. Lisa, it's coming your way.
I'm into The Fiction Class by Susan Breen. The introduction has been thought provoking. I think this book is going to be a story as well as a personal writing adventure. The prompts so far have been fun.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Now I'm into Before I Die by Jenny Downham. With each new turned page, I'm not sure I can believe how raw what I'm reading is and want to read more to know that the words really are there. It delivers many teenage taboos - sex, drugs, cancer - openly and honestly. It's the things that are whispered among so-called friends. It is one girl's list of missions to complete before her terminal illness takes her (or at least I think that's the way it may go). Perhaps this adds to it being right up my alley.
Let's see where it goes. What are you reading or what is on your list of want-to reads?
You know you want to play along. Go here.
1. She had a great __smile___.
2. __My angel___ is by my side, always.
3. I know this: __memories matter most___.
4. __Be___ still.
5. These words apply to me: __stubborn, solid, swizzled___.
6. __Through the rain___ the sun was shining.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to __finishing this weird book___, tomorrow my plans include __visiting family___ and Sunday, I want to ___dance in the rain__!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
This novel was not the author's finest work. I found it to be a bit lack lustre. There were intense moments but none quite as climactic as many of her others. Being one of my favorite authors, I anticipate her next book with higher hopes.
Very quickly, I dove into The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer and Annie Barrows. I have read half the book and can't wait to swallow the rest. It certainly isn't every reader's style. The tales are told in a post-WWII era through a series of letters penned by various characters. Thus far, this novel is an absolute afternoon delight. I would definitely recommend it for readers wanting to step just a touch away from regular reading into a world of delicious reminiscing.
Friday, June 19, 2009
I am slurping up every last moment I can with my sister before she flies back to Never Never Land.
Regular scheduled programming is on the horizon. July might even start with a list of missions. If I'm lucky the kitchen painting will be done before then and it WON'T be on the list!
1. All children alarm their parents, if only because you are forever expecting__just what it is they don't do___.
2. Show me a good loser and I will show you a __a person at peace___.
3. __Just one convo over coffee with my sister___ is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs at one time.
4. Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy __trying to run other ones___ and __not listening to the people that put them in the power___.
5. I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine __watching tv___ and __listening to his wife___.
6. It is impossible to think of any good meal, no matter how plain or elegant, without __great company___ or __love mixed___ in it.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to __family time___, tomorrow my plans include __a long over due visit ___ and Sunday, I want to __celebrate at the awesome bbq___!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
1. I grew up thinking __that I could do anything___.
2. __Ebay___ was the last website I was at before coming here.
3. Why don't you __laugh out loud right from way down in your belly___?
4. __A warm cup of delicious tea___ helps me relax.
5. Thanks for the __memories___.
6. __Arrogance is___ very off-putting.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to __a movie (which one???)___, tomorrow my plans include __a long date with a new book___ and Sunday, I want to __be outside before the green gremlin worms start flying off every tree___!
Friday, June 5, 2009
1. __My heart is my___ home.
2. My favorite thing for dinner lately has been __anything I can manage to eat...dental surgery hinders abitilities___.
3. __ Complain complain___ bark! bark! bark!
4. A nice long walk __is a refresher to the soul___.
5. __Take a moment and remember ___ some good news.
6. When all is said and done, __it matters that you can rest easy and honestly___.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to ___some quiet time__, tomorrow my plans include __a seminar ___ and Sunday, I want to __not feel the hurt in my mouth anymore___!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Yesterday was awesome.
Today, I go in for some surgery on my mouth. It might keep me quiet for a few days. I might blog more to keep the voices in my mind from driving me crazy. I am nervous. I am trying to be strong. I am trying to trust the strangers who will be doing the procedure. I am struggling. I am scared. I said it.
Moving right along, missions are coming. This is back-on-track month. I'm bootin' it in the butt. I feel it's going to be right.